(1) The Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab at the Technical University of Darmstadt (hereinafter referred to as the "Portal Operator") provides a platform at https://www.argumentext.de/de (hereinafter referred to as "the Portal") which searches document collections for natural language arguments and determines relevant pros and cons on any user-defined topic using artificial intelligence.
(3) Information on the Portal Operator can be found here .
§ 3 Authorization to register
(1) The use of the services available on the portal does not in principle require registration as a participant. Registration on our portal is offered as an option.
(2) For some of our services (e.g. search for arguments) we also offer you access via a programming interface (API). In this case a registration with name and e-mail address is necessary to generate a personalized key for the access to the programming interface.
(3) There is no right to registration and access to the programming interface. The portal operator is entitled to reject registration applications without giving reasons.
§ 4 Responsibility for access data
(1) During the registration process, you will be asked to provide a username and password. You can use this data to log in to the portal after your access has been activated.
(2) You must keep the access data, including the password and any API keys, secret and not make them accessible to unauthorised third parties.
(3) It is also your responsibility to ensure that your access to the Portal and the use of the services available on the Portal is exclusively by you or by persons authorized by you. If it is to be feared that unauthorised third parties have gained or will gain knowledge of your access data, the portal operator must be informed immediately.
You are liable for any use and/or other activity carried out under your access data in accordance with the statutory provisions.
§ 5 Updating the data
You are obliged to keep your data (including your contact details) up to date. If there is a change in the data provided during the period of your participation, you must notify us of the change by e-mail.
§ 6 Termination of participation
(1) You can cancel your access at any time by unsubscribing from the portal by e-mail.
(2) The portal operator is entitled to irretrievably delete all data created within the scope of your participation after 30 calendar days have elapsed after you have unsubscribed and after any statutory retention periods have elapsed.
§ 7 Range of services and availability of services
(1) The portal operator provides you with various information and other services on the portal for temporary use. Such a service can be the extraction of arguments from dynamic text sources such as news streams or social networks and their compilation.
The content and scope of the services are determined by the functionalities currently available on the portal.
(2) A claim to the use of the services available on the portal exists only within the framework of the technical and operational possibilities of the portal operator. The portal operator endeavours to ensure that its services can be used as uninterruptedly as possible. However, temporary restrictions or interruptions may occur due to technical faults (e.g. interruption of the power supply, hardware and software faults, technical problems in the data lines).
§ 8 Changes to services
The portal provider is entitled at any time to change services provided free of charge on the portal and/or to discontinue the provision of services free of charge. In this case the portal operator is entitled to irretrievably delete all data created.
§ 9 Protection of contents, responsibility for contents of third parties
(1) The contents available on the portal are predominantly protected by copyright or other protective rights and are the property of the portal operator or other third parties who have made the respective contents available.
(2) The Portal Operator does not check third-party content for completeness, correctness and legality and therefore assumes no responsibility or warranty for the completeness, correctness, legality and up-to-dateness of the third-party content. This also applies with regard to the quality of third-party content and its suitability for a specific purpose, and also insofar as third-party content on linked external websites is concerned.
§ 10 Scope of permitted use
§ 11 Prohibited activities
(1) The services available on the Portal are intended exclusively for non-commercial use by the Participants. Any use for or in connection with commercial purposes is prohibited, unless such use was previously expressly permitted in writing by the portal operator.
(2) You are prohibited from any activities on or in connection with the Portal that violate applicable law, violate the rights of third parties or violate the principles of the protection of minors.
(3) You are also prohibited from taking any action that could impair the smooth operation of the portal, in particular from placing an excessive load on the systems of the portal operator.
§ 12 Blocking of accesses
§ 13 Processing of your personal data
Details on the collection and processing of your data can be found in our data protection declaration.
§ 14 Limitation of liability
The services are provided free of charge. Should you suffer any damage through the use of services provided on the Portal (including the retrieval of free content), the Portal Operator shall only be liable to the extent that your damage has arisen as a result of the contractual use of the free content and/or services, and only in the event of intent (including fraudulent intent) and gross negligence on the part of the Portal Operator.
§ 15 Requirement of written form
§ 16 Severability clause
§ 17 Applicable law
§ 18 Place of jurisdiction
In the event of conflict or inconsistency between the English and the German version of this agreement, the German original version shall prevail.